An English club with Irish traditions.
The year was 1898 and London Irish was the last of the three great Exiles clubs to be established in the capital city.
After an itinerant existence primarily in the west and south of the city, the Club finally bought an 11 acre site for a permanent home at The Avenue, Sunbury on Thames in 1931.
Over subsequent years, The Avenue clubhouse and pitches became a hospitable and welcoming “home from home” for thousands of Irish men and women and indeed wanderers from all over the world who felt at home in leafy south-west London.
Inevitably, with the growing popularity of rugby, The Avenue facilities couldn’t cope with the demands being placed upon them and so in 2012 the Club decided to move to a new site less than a mile away in Sunbury.
Hazelwood is a wonderful 63 acre complex that was created from a nine hole golf course that previously occupied the site in Croysdale Avenue.
Today, the state-of-the-art centre provides the administration and training base of the London Irish professional club and is also the base of the London Irish Amateur Rugby Football Club. both of which support the Centre.